Sunday 27 May 2007

meh

Well its been another weekend of non-accomplishment! My dear friend K came to visit from Nelson which was great. Its always good to hang out.

K, S and I rented Marie Antoinette to watch on Saturday night. It was good, but not a fantastic watch. Much time was spent with us trying to remember 5th form History and trying not to get confused between the French & Russian Revolutions. While I understand the point of the movie was to tell the story of Marie Antoinette, I feel the film would have been improved by showing an indication of the struggles and starvation of the French at the time.


I really must make more time to read about history, I always wish
I knew more about stuff!

It seems it is time for D and I to tighten out belts as it were.. things are D's work aren't looking so good, and he could be out of a job very soon. He's looking for a new job of course, but we can't afford to live on my income if it doesn't happen quickly! I've promised to give him a chance to find a new role before making any drastic decisions (sell the car, disconnect the internet/TV, stop eating...) but I do still worry how we'll cope.

On a more positive note, D and I bought a SlowCooker/CrockPot today. (on sale of course) the plan is to make cheap yummy meals in the Crock Pot that we can freeze and reheat. Tonight we are making a beef, lentil & vege casserole. So far it looks yummo! Should be done by breakfast time! Stew for breaksfast anyone? (I did joke about plugging it in in the bedroom so we could wake up to the smell of fresh stew.....)

Furkids aren't doing so well either, with three on meds. Wocket is on meds permanently and is doing OK. Hiro seems to be constantly sneezing, so has ABs which will hopefully kick in sooner rather than later as I'd hoped to have him and Ando neutered by now. And D's lil favourite Kaida has developed a severe rattle, so we've started her on doxy tonight. I suspect the change in season has something to do with it and I have plans to start them all on manuka honey and elderberry tincture as suggested by a good friend in the States. Manuka honey is just plain good, and elderberry is supposed to be good for lung congestion and respiratory issues. Sounds like just the ticket!

No comments: