Sunday 6 May 2007

some sewing with a friend

S came over this evening and we did some sewing. The past few days I've been looking at a lot of crafty blogs and it has inspired me to be more crafty. Sewing isn't really my thing (it should be, my mum is an amazing seamstress!!) but I decided to try the shoulder bag tutorial on tiny happy. I used dark red drill for the outside and a funky bluey gray skull print for the inside.
here's how it turned out...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm pretty impressed with it, my first real sewing attempt. Melissa provides a great tutorial for this pattern. Here's what the skull print looks like (albeit a bit creased):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We also popped a sewn corner on Dora's head while she munched on a pumpkin seed. Made quite a fetching hat I thought!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I can't believe the weekend is nearly over! I had soo much planned yetgot so little done! I haven't been in the garden at all this weekend and our herb/vege patch is very overdue for a weed! I think this week after work I will tackle the task of sorting out my study/crafting/rats room and organise a bit. I suspect this crafting buzz will result in a lot more hoarding!!

Time for bed now, early start tomorrow. Sleep tight.

M

No comments: