Monday 7 May 2007

the new additions

Kimiko, Hiro & Ando are 8 weeks old today! We got them from an accidental litter born in Otaki. Which really is a story in itself (involving a road trip from Chch, a stumpy tail, and Levin). The bubs are all agouti hoodeds, a colouring I just LOVE. (we lost our special gooti girl Yuri in Jan.)

Kimiko is a little nutter, as hyper as Kohana was when she came into our crew! It took a few intro's before she was fully intergrated into the manor but we got there in the end. There are still often scuffles - in fact right now as I write this I can see an agouti blur running from a white blur.
Pretty in pink:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hiro & Ando are such characters! These boys are the first boys i've ever had and I am really enjoying them. They are far more chillaxed than girls and they love to curl up in my hair and snooze. That said they are babies too and go mad chasing each other around the cage. They are living separate until they can be neutered and go to live with their harem of girls!

Hiro:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ando:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Its nice to have a big furry family. :D I wish I could stay home and hang with them all day, maybe become a real craftster?!!?! But alas, to work I must go.

Speaking of work, it is insanely busy at the moment. We are short staffed and our work load seems to have doubled. I suspect I'll be doing a fair few hours this week! I must say it is nice to come home after a full on day at work and not worry about study or the current assignment. My brain and my body are thanking me for the break.

I spoke with a university friend today who I haven't spoken to for a week so she didn't know I'd taken a break from school. It was really good to talk to her and I've found most of my friends from school are really supportive and agree with my decision. Many have said they think its a great idea and hope that when I go back that I go back fulltime and doing my Honours papers. We'll see what happens. I am quite happy enjoying life right now :)

And before I forget - today's word of the day:

vomitorium
noun (pl. vomitoria)
1. each of a series of entrance or exit passages in an ancient Roman amphitheatre or theatre.
2. a place in which, according to popular misconception, the ancient Romans are supposed to have vomited during feasts to make room for more food.
origin Latin.

and again - still not sure this is the kind of word extension I am looking for. Might have to take to reading the dictionary... I mean really!! "vomitorium"?? I could have guessed/made up the second meaning!!! (must remember for the next time we play taboo at D's folks' place)

I can hear D blending up the pumpkin soup I made this evening. I'd better go and give him a hand.

M


No comments: