Sunday 20 May 2007

quiet weekend...

I really don't feel as though I've accomplished much this weekend. One of the reasons I wanted to blog was because I felt it would inspire me to do stuff. :) Can't say its working yet...

I did bake two huge as banana cakes with the multitudes of banana's I had stored in the freezer. (I want to defrost the fridge/freezer so needed to have a clear out.) This is all that is left, so they must have gone down well...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


D's family came to visit today so they had some and took some home. It was a very full house with them all here, but its always lovely to hang out with family. D's niece Abby also came with them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She's a bit unsure about the rats, she feels much safer when they are in their cage.

The furkids gots lots of cuddles with everyone and their fair share of banana cake. Here is Hiro (he's grown so much!!) enjoying a snack that Abby kindly left for him..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also coerced D into helping me clean the house today too. We've been slack lately and "stuff" has been piling up everywhere. So we had a huge tidy up, here hoping we can keep it this tidy. Also managed to scan a few more of the old school photos for my frames... including this (albeit blurry) pic of me out in the rain...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

D had an exciting day yesterday, his football (soccer) team won their first game of the season! It was the 6th game of the season so they've taken some serious warming up time! D's excuse is that they were bumped up a grade this year and they aren't used to doing ANY training! D is managing the team this year and he has organised regular training sessions for the guys so hopefully they win a few more!

I've spent a lot of my time this weekend online reading craftster and random peoples blogs. There are so many amazing crafty people out there. I don't know how they do it! I'm trying to start small and work my way into the crafting world. I've been wanting to make myself a pin cushion and have been inspired by these amazing squarish pin cushions. However, I really don't know where to start! It makes me sad to think that I don't even know how to make a pin cushion!! I often wish I'd paid more attention in sewing at school, or to my darling mum who is an amazing craftster. Well, surely 25 isn't too old to start.....

No comments: