Saturday 19 May 2007

I'm getting married!!!!

D and I have decided to get hitched. Sounds rather non-romantic doesn't it? hehe. With a recent spate of friend's weddings and the like, our wedding has been a topic of discussion in the house. Realistically, we can't afford any kind of wedding any time soon so a few months ago we were joking about popping down to the registry office in our lunchbreak. This led us to decide that when we get engaged, we'll just book in at the registry office the following week. Then some people (who shall remain nameless) kicked up a stink about not being invited and not having enough notice....

So we've decided we are getting married next month!! Around June 29th at this stage I believe. We need to go and sort it next week. So really, I'm not officially engaged. Though that said, I know how my darling D's mind works and I'm sure a proposal will pop up before then. If not, we might have to get engaged after we get married! hehe. D pointed out that at least he'd get guaranteed a 'yes'!

So the current plan (always open to alteration..) is to get married without a wedding of any kind. I'm very excited. Getting married is all about D and I committing to each other and not about a big party for everyone else. (and yes people are disappointed.) We are thinking we'll arrange some kind of dinner somewhere so people can come and celebrate with us. That way there is barely any cost to us.

I love D so much and know that we can handle whatever life throws at us. And the added bonus, we'll no longer be living in sin! :D (Just for you mum!) hehe.

We've appeased a few family members by assuring them that we will have a wedding of some sort in the future when finances are more willing, but for now its all about us. :) I like the idea of renewing our vows in 10 years time and having a big fancy weddingish celebration!

M

1 comment:

hughnliz said...

Congrats, that's fab!