Thursday 16 August 2007

freeezing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We woke up freeezing this morning and when we got out to the car it was obvious why! Today we had our worst frost this winter! (It took a wee while to get the car warmed up).

I've crossed a couple more things off my 101 list!

62 - Improve the design of the furkids blog
95 - Learn heaps more about html and blogging and use skills to make my blogs pretty

Both involve a bit of html fiddling. You can check out the furkids new page here. The background image is a banksy rat stencil. I LOVE Banksy rats. I wish I could make amazing stencils and street art like Banksy. The furkids blog is a simple layout/design and a separate blog to avoid millymiss becoming overrun with stories about the rats! :P So for those of you that care, you can always access the furkids blog by clicking on the pic of Aiko in the sidebar. And for those of you that don't, you can happily ignore that blog :D

As for the html and design of millymiss, I've made quite a few changes and finally feel like i'm at the point where I don't need to play with the layout every weekend!

Things I've completed:
  • Added a second sidebar

  • Adjusted the width of the middle and sidebar columns to the perfect width

  • Added a funky wee pink "M" icon to my url address

  • Added a Tag cloud (see right sidebar)

  • Put my 101 list in the sidebar in html, including pop out lists for my 101 books and movies

  • Made a funky progress bar for my 101 list

  • Played around with the colour scheme and background a million times

  • Removed the header (and then added it back again)

  • Learnt how to make a picture lead to another page (clicking the Aiko pic loads the Furkids blog)


I'm sure I've done/learnt more, this blog has been in construction for quite some time. Anyway, I feel I've done enough to cross this off the list.!! So that brings the total completed to 5!!

And.... in more exciting news, D and I set a "getting married" date. 7 September 2007. That is right - in 3 weeks!! I love how low maintenance and stress free we are doing this. Its fantastic!! Its going to be a quiet ceremony at the Registry office with minimum witnesses and then we are going to go out for dinner with close friends and family that evening.

Its been a busy week again, I can't believe its already Thursday!! Guides was fun this week - we made maracas by paper mache - ing bottles. Then we had an induction ceremony for three new girls that have joined our unit. I hoped to take some pics but forgot!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It feels like we spend soo much time on the bus these days. I miss being able to jump in the car and park close to work. However I do feel happy that we are being greener and doing our bit to reduce carbon emissions. We also often walk home which is very good for us!!

Anyway, this has been a longish post and I'm very tired..

M

No comments: