Saturday 14 July 2007

an obscured sunrise

D and I got up very early this morning so we could walk up Mount Victoria to see the sunrise. Unfortunately, when we got there we were confronted with this sign!

Not willing to let a little construction ruin our sunrise, we perched ourselves out on the corner of the carpark amongst the gorse and rock. This did mean our view was slightly obscured by a giant aerial of some kind but it was still very lovely.

We cuddled up considering the day ahead, sipping our hot thermos tea. It was far from an exceptional sunrise, but there is something satisfying about watching the sun get out of bed. (We are usually still snoozing..) I really felt like we had a head start on the day.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think I'll add some kind of sunrise expedition to my 101 list. (Which is still very much a work in progress...)

After hearing on the radio that D's football game was canceled, we decided to go check out the morning garage sales. We are far from thrifting experts but we had a really good time and I picked up some cheap fabric! It was really awesome to spend some time with D and we had a lot of laughs.

One of our stops was a church rumage sale. While queuing outside waiting for it to open, D commented "man, I bet this is the first time this place has ever had a queue!". While not quite intending it the way it sounded, he got a dirty look from the lady squished next to us and I dissolved into hysterics!

Next we picked up a yummy cheese+capscicum loaf from Nada Bakery (zomg YUM - I LOVE Nada!) and headed to visit dad.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dad had some worrying news from our family in the UK - my cousin Kelly has had some kind of brain surgery?! I'm not quite sure of the details, but I'm sending love + good wishes your way Kelly! I really wish I'd made more of an effort to keep in touch with that side of the family.... Maybe I should give them my blog address? ;)



Oh and before I forget....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY!

I love you heaps and heaps and I hope you had a fantastic day! Mwwwwwaaaaaauaaaaah.

M

No comments: