Tuesday 24 July 2007

list in progress

Its official! My 101 things in 1001 days list is in progress! Admittedly I haven't finished anything yet but I have started!

Item# 26 Volunteer
Tonight I had my first meeting with the Regional Girl Guides people. I've been thinking about getting involved with Guides as a leader for a while now. I recently registered my interest and spoke with a member of the regional team. I am now all signed up (ready to be reference & police checked!). I will be in training for a few months before I go to my permanent unit.

It was great fun to meet the Leaders and of course the girls. Most of my evening was an interview but I did get to hang out with the unit for a short time at the end. It looks like things will be fun! I got given a huge clearfile of information and stuff for me to read and refer to. It was quite overwhelming to get at once - but I can see it will be fantastic to have that resource.

Item# 2 Get my hair cut and coloured by a hairdresser
This one is kinda in progress - one of the girls at work gave me the name of a salon they recommend - I just have to actual make an appointment! This should be a nice easy one to cross off! (Goodness only knows I need it!)

Item# 95 Learn heaps more about html and blogging and use skills to make my blogs pretty
As you can hopefully tell, I have already learnt heaps more about blogging in the process of getting my 101 list up and adding some special gadgets. So far I have added a third column to my blog.(A handy tute for this can be found here) I have also put my 101 list in down the left hand sidebar for quick reference. AND! If you look at Items 96 & 100 you'll see I've added a sneaky hide-a-way list so my list of books + movies doesn't make the list scroll for miles! A progress bar (currently with 0/101) has been added to my list that I am hoping to pretty up a bit. Playing with the blog template is quite addictive and I find I can whittle away hours mucking around!

No comments: