Saturday 7 July 2007

101 things in 1001 days

While browsing countless blogs and random websites, I came across the 101 things to do in 1001 days list.


The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching.

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.


I think this is a really cool idea and I'm keen to start up my own list. I've been needing this kind of motivation! I am going to start researching and deciding what I want on my list. I LOVE making lists and have find them a good source of motivation and way to stop stressing about a project. When I was a kid Dad always carried a little notebook with all his lists in it - its clearly genetic!

I am going to try and have a combo of activities I'd like to complete, trips I'd like to take, and personal goals. Eeep I'm quite excited!

No comments: