Thursday 7 June 2007

New Zealand's cup?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(photo: "borrowed" from Stuff - original photo - Reuters)

Well, The NZ Emirates Team have won us the Louis Vuitton Cup!
I think its fantastic - though I must say it is rather false calling them "Team NZ" as it seems there are sooo many NZers in team Alinghi so even if we lose the America's Cup - we still win in a sense. I can't say I have really kept up with the media coverage of the racing (especially when it is on at such a ridiculous hour of morning) but I was pleased to hear "we'd" won the Louis Vuitton.

In other news... I didn't get the job I went for! And you might think I would be upset about that, however I'm not! They basically told me that it was a very tight decision and what made it was the fact that I can't/won't guarantee I'll be around for the next couple of years. Its a developmental role and they can't give it to someone who will quite possibly leave the company in a few months. Which I understand and agree with. To be honest - I was actually relieved! The role really wasn't my ideal role. I need to sit down and have a hard think about how long I'm going to be away from uni and what I want to do with that time...

It was actually a great day at work today. Things are not looking quite so fantastic at D's work... it is looking like he won't have a job as of Monday. He's going to apply for other jobs and hopefully get into something a little more stable and more his thing. :)

All is ok....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so why is it u didnt tell me you were going for another job, always the last to know, lol, love ya lots any way

Luv your lovely cuzzy bro